Skip to main content

My poetry recitation poster!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 21 - After reading “Out, Out—” by Robert Frost, reflect on a time when you faced a dangerous or high-pressure situation that demanded your complete focus. What made the situation risky, and how did your concentration affect the outcome?

Prompt Response: A time I faced a high-pressured situation was during a big presentation. Our group counted for a huge part of our grade, and I was responsible for starting the presentation. Our group was the first up. Usually I like going second or third because you get an idea of how it should go. As soon as we got up to present, the computer lost connection and I could feel my heart racing. I took a deep breath and tried to speak out as much as I remembered from the slide. From that moment, I learned to stay calm no matter how bad things are falling apart. Summary: In class we analyzed a poem called Out Out by Robert Frost Reflection: Today I learned that life can change within the blink of an eye

December 17 - As the first semester comes to an end, take time to reflect on your learning and growth in this course. In a well-developed response, explain what you enjoyed most about the class, identify the project or assignment you found most engaging, and discuss which aspect of the course you connected with the most (such as poetry, fiction, writing, or discussion). Finally, reflect on one area where you feel you need additional support or improvement as we move into the spring semester.

Prompt Response:  As the first semester comes to an end, my knowledge in literature has grown a lot. I liked the poetry topic the most. Some poems are very deep and I've made many connections to them. So far, every project we've done has been very interesting and I have found them engaging. The presentation part of it isn't my favorite. The assignments are fun and easy. When we do them as a class, I get ideas and different opinions from others as well.The blog posts are also helpful. They help me think and analyze. Summary: Today in class we presented our final project. Reflection: Today I learned about other people's poems.

January 14 - Describe a place where you feel the most at peace and explain why.

Prompt Response:  The place where I feel most at peace is somewhere quiet and familiar, where I can be alone with my thoughts. For me, that place is often my room, especially when it’s clean and quiet. Being there allows me to relax without feeling pressured or judged, and it gives me space to reflect, recharge, and process my emotions. I  feel at peace in this space because it’s comfortable and predictable. I can listen to music, read, or simply sit in silence, which helps reduce stress and clear my mind. It’s a place where I feel safe being myself, and that sense of security makes it easier for me to stay calm and focused. Summary: Today in class we worked on more rhetorical devices. Reflection: Today I learned about the last two rhetorical devices.